Features of the Visual Marina
(part of the Controller Series software by Mainframe Associates)
First Glance Marina Software Features
Marina layout displayed may be of the actual marina, based on architectural layouts or photographs, or any other representation desired by the marina. The display includes:
- color-coded visual display of the marina at a glance
- display is date-based and quickly affords a marina view as of any date, including historical
- marina display can be expanded and shrunk as required
the marina can be displayed on many workstations at once, with each workstation having an up-to-date display of the marina. Hovering the mouse over a site displays the site information as well as current reservations and use of the site. Clicking on a site pins the site for subsequent actions
- reservations can be a forced pre-bill or charged on account
- hotel-style check-ins and check-outs
- print customizable invoices, contracts, quotes, monthly statements
- tracking of customer credit card authorizations
- special requirements and provisions can be tracked on a site, vessel, and/or customer level
- documents and images can be saved and displayed by site, vessel, and/or customer
many different types of “sites” can be defined – moorage slips, boathouse, parking spaces, storage lockers, dry land blocking, rental property
- vessels can be assigned to multiple sites as they are available within a single reservation
- sites can be assigned when the reservation is made, or when the vessel is checked in
- drag-and-drop site assignment and reassignment
- sophisticated handling of open sites and reservations that need to be assigned to sites
Leasing and Subleasing of Sites
guests can be billed based on daily, monthly, or annual rates
- sites can be made available for sublease for specified periods of time
- a sublease can be subleased to any number of levels
- marina-defined automatic credits based on sublease usage
Marina Vessel Services
- many types of items can be sold on the same reservation
- marina services can be added to a reservation or billed separately
- tracking and reserving of lifts for vessel dry dock servicing
full integration of inventory handling within the Controller Series software, including parts purchasing and special orders
Marina Management Tools
- daily marina management reports for the expected daily activities
- marina-specific customized reports
- comprehensive wait list management
- integration with Simply Accounting or with the Controller Series software native accounting
- complete handling of AR, AP, and GL within the Controller Series software
1. Does your marina business have between 20 and 2000 slips?
If so, The Marina Controller is for you. Our marina software will provide a marina-specific layout, regardless of the arrangement of docks, slips, open moorage, and fuel docks within the marina. A quick glance will tell you and your guests where they are within the marina.
2. Does the marina operate a fuel dock?
The Marina Controller gives full control and integration of fuel pumps on the fuel dock within the existing system. There is no need for a separate software package.
3. Does the marina lease out non-marina items – storage lockers, parking, dry land boat storage, or even accommodations?
The Marina Controller can handle all forms of rentals and leases and include them as part of the visual display. A glance quickly displays all forms of availability.
4. Does the marina provide marine services, such as repairs and maintenance?
The Marina Controller can create quotes and work orders for all types of marina services, including the ability to track serialized inventory and warranties.
5. Does the marina have transient/overnight guests as well as long-term slip leases?
The Marina Controller handles short-term/overnight guests, as well as monthly and annual slip leases. At the end of the lease term, the leases can be set to renew automatically.
6. Does the marina offer subleasing for its monthly and annual leaseholders when their vessels are out of port?
The Marina Controller allows many levels of subleasing (for example, an annual guest can sublease to a monthly guest, who can subsequently sublease to any number of overnight guests). The Marina Controller also allows for sublease credits to be assigned back to the subleasor based on unique marina sublease rules and conditions.
7. Does the marina have electric and/or water meters that need monitoring for billing purposes?
The Marina Controller allows for the tracking of meters and billing of power and water usage.
8. Does the marina employ travel lifts for its dry yard storage or marina services area?
The Marina Controller has a full scheduling feature for scheduling of travel lifts.
9. Does the marina use wait lists for prospective guest who require moorage space?
The Marina Controller allows for user-defined classifications of wait lists for moorage of different types (for example, annual, seasonal, or monthly).
10. Does the marina require a complete accounting software package, complete with inventory control, accounts payable and account receivable.
The Marina Controller comes with a multiple fiscal year, full-featured accounting package.